Monday, April 22, 2013

Making Joy with Christmas French Toast

I was very blessed this Christmas to have all of my girls (my two daughters,Stevie and Niki, as well as my niece, Alana) come home and share a breakfast of Challah French Toast with a cranberry-orange syrup. I have always loved Christmas morning, but this years seemed almost magical. Perhaps it was because of the light frosting of snow that had fallen over the city creating a picture perfect postcard just out my apartment window, or maybe it was just knowing that after a year filled with immense change and risk taking, all was well and as it should be. Either way, this year I felt the gratitude for all of my blessings overwhelm me - especially the addition of my first grandson, Dylan. I hope all of you enjoyed your holiday this year as much as I, and wish everyone a very happy, and blessed new year. French Toast with Cranberry and Orange Syrup. For Syrup 3 naval oranges 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup cranberries 1/4 tsp cinnamon Squeeze the oranges juice into a small sauce pan. Place burner on medium heat, add sugar and cranberries and it simmer down into a thin syrup. For French Toast Slice Challah 1 1/2 inch thick Place in bath of 6 eggs whisked, 1 cup half/half, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Be sure to get both sides coated well. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter into hot pan, and sauté the French Toast on both sides, pressing down on bread while cooking. Place hot on a plate and top with 1 tablespoon of the hot syrup per piece. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment